Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Nov 29 2005, 03:10 PM
Maybe because the Regions up here work as a TEAM. NER has control of NHIS and LRP...yet we don't hoard the race dates, we have plenty. Drivers from other Regions asked for less of a 'focus' on NHIS for the NARRC championship...and it was decided to move a date 'out of town'.

Guess what? That sucks for me but it's better for the Division as a whole. NER loses revenue, someone else picks it up. It's about being fair to the drivers who want to have a little more equity.

I truly believe that if the majority feel like you do Matt, FLA should break off into it's own Division. I especially love how you have 3-4 first hand accounts of that 'secret' meeting that are polar opposites, yet you only consider half of them to be based in any fact. It's all about your agenda.

It's not a National problem, it's about you not wanting to share your ball on the playground. The greater good means nothing to you. As I have said before, this proposal could be good for the SeDiv, or bad...but to frame it like you have is a joke.

Move it to SeDiv, we don't care.

AB
[snapback]66929[/snapback]
Andy,

I don't disagree with you but I don't think you're grasping the situation. These other regions ARE getting a share of the races. No one is stopping them from doing so nor is anyone hoarding race dates. There are 25 SARRC race dates and Florida has eight of them spread out over four tracks. There are eight at two tracks in GA/SC and nine at three tracks in NC/VA. Does that not sound like good distribution? National distribution is if anything, already terribly skewed towards GA/SC with half or five of the races on only two tracks, Florida with three races on three tracks and NC/VA with two on two tracks.

The problem is that the regions in question are not getting the job done and cancelling races. Their solution is to restrict Florida and North Carolina in order to force those drivers and workers to go to their races. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that none of these regions have track options so they all end up at one track, Roebling Road. Now we're looking at a terribly uneven distribution of races where theoretically one third of all SEDIV nationals and as many as half of all SARRC races would take place at a one track. Talk about focus on a single track! How would you feel if you were restricted to one race each at LRP and NHIS and the rest would HAVE to be at Mid Ohio? So, to even keep your license you'd have to make two trips to Ohio every year! That's what we're looking at here. My options are even worse than most Floridians because I have a conflict with the Roebling double so therefore I not only would have to make the 6 hour trip to the single there but tow the 13 hours to Atlanta!

And just for the record Andy, those polar opposites you refer to have mostly come around to admit that this proposal was in fact discussed and will be tabled for Jekyll Island so I am not framing anything nor do I have any agenda other than to protect our race schedule which is more than equitable given the number of tracks and racers we have and in line with what other areas currently have. Even Bama' Barry has acknowledged it and went as far as to say that money was a major motivation. Suffice to say, the general response I got at Sebring was that if it even looked like it had a chance, Florida would most probably split off and I would suspect to see some upset folks in North Carolina as well, which would hurt the division severely.