No one is keeping non-racing regions from hosting events except for those who discussed establishing an "elite eight" concept. As I understand it, that's part of the discussion. I'm all for any region that wants to put on a race to do so. Now, if they can't get a track, entrants or workers, that's their problem. Limiting what Florida offers in order to make a Chatanooga region race at Roebling more attractive is just wrong. What they are looking for is a financial guarantee of a successful race weekend with little or no risk. That's not how it works.

We have far too many regions and they all look at hosting events as a significant revenue source but if they don't have the werewithawl to undertake such, they shouldn't attempt it. We have four regions all nestled within a small area fighting for that revenue and now we want to add more? We're defying supply and demand laws. Furthermore, most of them don't have much choice as far as track. There's Roebling and then there's.... uh... Roebling.

This weekend CFR will probably break a bunch of records at Sebring. I have always been impressed by CFR and the races they host and the racetracks at which they race. They are quality events and well attended. I don't know for sure what the worker situation is but I've rarely heard of any significant problems to the extent I hear coming from the four regions north of us.

If these other regions want races, figure out how CFR does so well and copy them. I think a good start would be to combine some of the 16 other regions and create some strength both in numbers and money. Forcing Florida drivers out of Florida or limiting our dates at OUR tracks will not work. I guaran-damn-tee you will see a Florida division if that ever happened. Anyone remember 1991?