Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 240SX brake pads and rotors

Originally posted by Joe Harlan@Nov 21 2005, 07:38 PM
    David get rid of the duct pointed at the caliper. You will have a better pedal all the time. The pads are larger and thicker in the front so if all were new you would see the paint on the rear change color first.
    [snapback]66186[/snapback]

JOE, Just remember we race in the southeast during the height of summer. While the ARRC was cool enough this year, most of the time I try to get as much cooling on all parts of the front brakes as possible. I pretty much have the same ducting as David does, and i recommend that he keeps it as is.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Originally posted by Tristan Smith@Nov 21 2005, 04:16 PM
    JOE, Just remember we race in the southeast during the height of summer. While the ARRC was cool enough this year, most of the time I try to get as much cooling on all parts of the front brakes as possible. I pretty much have the same ducting as David does, and i recommend that he keeps it as is.
    [snapback]66211[/snapback]
    I understand guys, try to get more cooling into the rotor if you can. The I see fluid boil more times thsn not when you start chilling the caliper body. You want direc your heat. Heat will travel to the coldest surface first. Allow the pad to transfer heat to the rotor rather than the caliper.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com