Originally posted by racer14itc@Nov 21 2005, 05:25 PM
Actually Campbell, I was kinda going the other way. IIRC, the 1.7 Rabbits all had the 60mm airflow meter and would have to use it w/ a 1.7 engine in ITC. Unless of course you can document that a 1.7 came with a 80mm airflow meter.

I'm pretty sure the 1.6's all came with 80mm airflow meters. If someone is looking to upgrade to a 1.7 in their ITC Rabbit, this might be something to ponder (you'd have to run the smaller airflow meter w/ the 1.7 engine). Also, I don't think that you could get the g-cam allowance for the 1.7 engine. All the "documentation" was done for the 1.6 engine, from what I can remember.

Also, the 1.7 Rabbit only gets the WIDE ratio 5 spd, not even as good as the gearbox allowed in the 1.6 Rabbit in ITC.

All in all, I don't think the 1.7 Rabbit is a good package for ITC. IMHO.

MC
[snapback]66202[/snapback]
Mark,

You can't legally 'upgrade' to a 1.7 in an ITC Rabbit. You can run a '75 - '80 w/ either of the 1.5s or a 1.6, or you can run an '81 - '84 w/ a 1.7. That's why I made my earlier comment about checking to make sure it was a car that came w/ a 1.7. Now, if we get them to combine all the ITC Rabbits on the same spec line, w/ different motors @ different weights, this would be a moot point. They've already got the 1.5s and the 1.6 on the same spec line, why not just add the 1.7s and list another trans configuration and weight?

Side note (yet another one) why is the 1.7 a 70# penalty for the Scirocco Is, but only a 50# penalty for the Rabbits?