Thread: Sponsorship ideas I've been kicking around...

Since I doubt very much that I'll either have the time or the energy to fully research and/or implement this/these ideas, I figured I'd share them with you. Perhaps you can squelch my idealism with some good synicism or rally behind the ideas and either help fully explore the ideas or offer some of yours.

The hope is that we folks who run in IT might have an easier/cheaper go at our hobbie. In the end it always seems that my time is best spent either picking up some extra hours or just not plunking down more money for tires or an extra race.

Idea #1:
    Campaign a std VW Beetle in ITC sponsored by Geek Squad.
    (I just think it would be really cool to see a car like theirs all lowered and racey)
    As an added bonus the driver would have to wear geeky glasses with white tape around the bridge (nose). It's a national company so not sure they would want to sponsor someone to run merely local events, but this would show the companies geekiness and understanding of "grassroots".

Idea #2:
    Dunkin Donuts
    Pretty much any car would do, however the driver would have to be able to have, on-hand, both coffee and munchkins. This is a great way to help your racing friends meet minimum weight, or just fatten them up. Downside: Car would have to be painted a pukey, light-orange color.

The silly-season has taken hold of me and hard since I missed the last two opportunities to get on track toward the end of this year.

So I'm guessing it's already pretty cold in New Jersey? You don't have a heated garage?
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Ooooh. I could so go for a donut right now.

Hehe. Serisouly, those seem like workable ideas. For the Dunkin' Donuts one, you can even paint the wheels to look like donuts...

Hey, what's with all the groaning. It was a funny pun.
    -Jon Quimbaya
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Originally posted by tcpip@Nov 18 2005, 06:13 PM
    For the Dunkin' Donuts one, you can even paint the wheels to look like donuts...
    [snapback]65905[/snapback]
    Yeah, with sprinkles!
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

I have ALWAYS wanted to get Hooters to sponsor me. Heck, all they have to do is clean the car's windshield while at the track.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Originally posted by gran racing@Nov 18 2005, 06:41 PM
    I have ALWAYS wanted to get Hooters to sponsor me. Heck, all they have to do is clean the car's windshield while at the track.
    [snapback]65912[/snapback]
    And while you're in the car. "Pardon me Mam, you missed a spot."
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Originally posted by gran racing@Nov 18 2005, 06:41 PM
    [snapback]65912[/snapback]
    Better fix the bumper... or they might get a little worried they will break a nail... then you might loose them to the bling (yes thats the Audi ).

Raymond :-P
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Or for wreck miatas "better get maaco"