Originally posted by roberthuff24@Nov 17 2005, 12:16 AM
I think the RX-7 is definitly still comptetitive in ITS but i also belive that the BMW's have a slight advantage at a track like Road Atlanta. a BMW should pull up turn one better but a RX-7 should take turn 3 thru turn 5 better. after that turn 6 and 7 are not that different in a RX-7 compared to a BMW and Turn 7 cant be done quickly enough to make up for the torque of a BMW. the BMW will definitly pull down the back staight and should pull up 10b giving a better run thru 12 and down the front straight. but in a long race a RX-7 will defintily hold up and last longer. i've heard they are taking off the restrictor on the BMW's and putting on more weight for next year, and they might put some weight on the RX-7's. should be intersting to see how the scca tries to balance the IT groups. maybe the porches might benifit from the ITS changes, i dont see many of them very competitive in the cendiv anymore(could just be the Cendiv though).

Rob
[snapback]65663[/snapback]
Rob,

Congrats on the 2nd place! We'll both have to step it up a little next year and bring back two W's to Detroit

I watched Rob's race tape from the ARRC race, and I'm not sure that the RX-7 is quite competitive with the BMW... It made me frustrated just watching the tape, Rob would push everything possible out of that 7, only to get to the back straight and watch the BMW pull 5-10 car lengths on him! Lap after Lap after Lap. It was definitely the closest thing I've seen to a 7 keeping up with the BMW though, and I think I may just have to give the nod to Rob's driving for making that happen... Only 19 years old and already climbing the ranks. Rob, you should make that tape available to the ITAC... 2 great drivers (Chet HAS to be one of the best at Road Atlanta), and 2 top level cars. The tape should show exactly how they compare to each other within the current rules/specs.