Originally posted by mlytle@Nov 14 2005, 09:07 PM
congrats to rob "the huffmaster" for his performance at the arrc! qualified well below the track record and within a few HUNDRETHS of a second of the #1 its driver in the country. 1:39.1x.

and then he ran almost the entire race right on chet's bumper. the two cars seemed glued together at the top of the esses, lap after lap. if it wasn't for a lapped car spinning in front of him causing him to lose a second late in the race, it would have been a nose to nose battle for the checker. it was a great race to watch.

nice run rob! it was fun paddocking next to you and your dad. hope you had a safe drive home.

and he wasn't in one of those "overdog" bmw's, it was a mazda....
top 4 cars...bmw, mazda, bmw, 240z.

marshall
spec rx7 #15
[snapback]65384[/snapback]
Thanks Marshall, it was a really fun weekend. i must say Road Atlanta has to be one of my favorite tracks i have raced on yet. all of the elavation through the esses and the down hill to turn 12 was just awesome . it was fun racing with chet, it seemed like the whole week we would find each other on the track, the test day we were running together, then in qualifying i just hooked up with him getting a good draft down the back straight, and then even the hardship practice on saturday we went back and forth. the race was pretty intense, it being my first arrc race i thought i would have been more nervous but suprisingly i was pretty composed, i could get him through 3 and the esses and coming out of 5 but it really wasnt enough to make anything happen before 6. i was just trying to put pressure on chet hoping he would make a mistake but he ran a clean race which was expected. all in all, it was a great experience and i look foward to running next year.

Rob