I agree with Scott on the extra driver fee for the enduro. It seemed a little steep to me, especially considering our promised 45 minute qualifying session got cut back to about 15 minutes. We were counting on that time to get my co-driver out on track since he had never been out on Road Atlanta in a racecar before. Unfortunately I had to run the entire 15 minutes we were given just to qualify our car and seat time couldn't be given to my co-driver. On top of that, the practice day was a little "iffy" too. Again, for our ITC enduro car, we paid $100 for a promised 60 minutes from two sessions. Those two sessions got cut back to about a total of 30 minutes, if that. Then at the end of the weekend, I didn't see anyone running up to use trying to give us some of our money back since our promised 105 minutes got cut to about 45.

As for the paddock space, I thought it was handled ok, all things considered. My biggest gripe was how we showed up just a shade too late Wednesday night to get parked that night. I didn't have a problem with that since we were first in line to be parked the next morning. When the morning came, a rig that came in next to and much later than us got taken in first as we were told to stay put and we'd be taken in next. Of course once that first rig was taken in, a mad dash took place by anyone and everyone behind us to get down to the paddock area. After we got passed up by at least a dozen other rigs, we decided to not wait up there anymore as "we were told to stay put and we'd be taken in next". I think we'd still be sitting there if we actually did that.

If space is really that much of an issue, I think giving everyone equal paddock space is unrealistic. Trailers and tow vehicles come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. If something does have to be moved out, I'd start with the open trailers too. They aren't used to house tools and spares much and usually end up as wasted space when the car's off of it. Enclosed trailers and RV's end up fulfilling more of a purpose than that. If anything really needed to be done, it was the "crew and support" vehicles. They got parked anywhere and everywhere - on at least 5 occasions, I had to go looking for the owner of a car or truck that was parked right in front of my paddock spot. What if a sticker was placed on the windshield of tow vehicles alone upon initial entrance to the paddock? That way if a car doesn't have a sticker, it doesn't get admitted to the paddock, ever.

If the ALMS paddock were to be used, what if all of the SM cars were put over their or something? That would be about 50 cars and any of their tow rigs, support vehicles and whatnot out of the other paddock.