Originally posted by 944-spec#94@Nov 14 2005, 03:14 PM
Well try that and I am sure we will change the rules to stop it SOMEHOW.

I know we have gone on about this, but one goal of 944 spec is to run simple stock motors. So far all have kept to that even though some have tried to push the edges. I still have not seen spec car make milledge numbers on the track. (and I hope I never will).

That does not belong in our class.. :P

It is one the big things that seperates 944 spec cars from IT cars.

IT Expects full tilt motors to the limits.

944-spec expects and wants junkyard motors to run strong and will do things to keep it that way.
[snapback]65359[/snapback]
I don't see any possible way to change your rules to disallow it. Jon does not use any non-factory parts. The only things he does for an IT engine that you don't allow is raising the CR and port matching. Oh, and he balances. But, you cannot even stop that. Even in showroom stock racing they balance and blueprint engines by careful part selection.

As much as you like to think otherwise, as I said a long time ago, the only thing keeping your engines from being expensive crate engines is the willingness of the competitors to spend the money. That's it. I'm not dissng your series, but just discussing the realities. There is absolutely nothing you can do through the rules to prevent it.