[quote]
Unfortunatly, I'm not sure that aftermarket suppliers, or BMW Motorsports division, etc., can be used as definitive confirmation of the factory specs... I find it hard to understand how people are rebuilding these things if they don't have the factory specs...

I've sort of resigned myself to the fact that I cannot have a legally prepped IT motor....at least not one with the information I've found so far. The IT legal parts that the Japanese guys have access to just don't seem to exsist for my particular application. My motor will remain untouched at this point, and I will probably always run a "bone" stock motor for this very reason. My opinion is that is why the BMWCCA rulebook is more liberal than the SCCA GCR.

I'm very curious to see what Sunbelt would say if I called stating that I wanted a potent, legal Z3 (m44) motor.....hmmmm........HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO SPEND?? I'm sure would be their response. I'm assuming it would be TOTALLY cost prohibitive ?20K? because of all the custom manufacturing of parts that would meet factory specs.

If this seems like hogwash to any lurking BMW guy then please point me in the direction of someone who has IT LEGAL parts/knowledge for the m44 motor.....We can't even purchase underdrive pulleys, chips..yeah right the car doesn't have any! Try a header....better off making one from scratch.(if not help me get the legal race weight at least down to the 2559lbs factory spec!!) Thanks in advance. (sorry for the bellyaching )

Rob