Originally posted by dickita15@Nov 9 2005, 12:35 PM
. so while I have no proplem with the club classing a semi exotic the car to have can not be a lotus or a jensen or a TR8.
[snapback]64993[/snapback]
But Dick, we're getting on with our development and we're working toward that goal! All you guys will have to drive Brit cars to run upfront, that is the final solution!

Heck, it is cheaper to procure a JH or TR8 and build compared to a $40k BMW. Of course, you run upfront in the $40k BMW and don't run much in the TR8 or JH. But that doesn't build character, it just empties your wallet. Anyone can build a BMW, it takes a special sucker to attempt a JH, TR8, or Lotus.

The TR8 is coming along and the motor is probably done with development and it is now time to concentrate on handling. We got to to make over 185 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheel with two plug wires, 5/7, crossed. Imagine when the dummies behind the wheel don't cross plug wires.....probably around 200-210 ft/lbs I'd imagine, maybe more.

The JH is going back in for minor surgery on the head but should be back out for Jan timeframe. If the head had been good, and the dummy (me) hadn't buttoned it up without checking it, the car would have run in August. But, then a Miata was found for cheap and car #43 was born from August 1st to October 3rd and she actually ran in the 13 hour enduro this past weekend. We've been busy!

http://forum.specmiata.com/cgi-bin/ultimat...=1;t=001842;p=0

Now, as far as building these things, guys, you got to quit messing with those houses and restoring them. All you can do is live in a house, that isn't much good. You can live in a garage AND build cars in one, so which one is better?

R