You sound like a selfish, spoiled, man-child - the kind of stereotype on which the BMW logo penis enlargement pump was based.
Ok Kirk, you owe me a new keyboard and monitor, not to mention another cup of Starbucks!!!

Mike,

I really don't have the energy, nor the time, to address all of your issues (I guess it was a good thing that I made dinner at my g/f's last night, and didn't get to see this 'live&#39.

Unfortunately, Kirk's description seems to fit more and more, w/ each post you make. Let's see if I can hit a few of the high points though.

* Different weights for different prep levels

Not really what the SCCA is all about, and honestly, this is the first time I've ever heard this concept floated. As Andy (at least I think it was Andy) said, if you want to run at the front, you better be prepared to bring your A-game. That means building a car to the limit of the rules. If that's more money than you want to spend, perhaps the SCCA isn't the place for you, or as some say OSB (Other Sports Beckon).

* Setting track records/winning w/ what is essentially a street car w/ a cage.

You sound like a somewhat intelligent guy. How do you not see an issue with this? And how can you possibly think that you're fully prepared, when you run a junkyard motor? And the way you learn how much of a difference your mods make is through this little thing called testing. You spend the money, make the change, and put the car on the track. You attempt to do it in a somewhat controlled environment, so you can isolate the impact of said change.

* Wanting SCCA rules to make it easier for you to run w/ another organization (in response to your comment about dropping the weight to make your next class)

See Kirk's comments about selfish and spoiled

I know there's much more, but I really need to get some work done.

BTW, anybody notice how none of the E36 folks have weighed in on Mike's comments? I wonder why that is? :P