Certainly NASA is different. It is younger. It has varying degrees of organization and establishment by region.

To take a frequently stated phrase of SCCA members - if you don't like it, get involved, make it better.

I would love for there to be more NASA competition events closer to me. And I hear all the time from people in the NE that they want NASA to have competition events in the area. Yet I don't see any of them showing up to participate in and show support for NASA-NE. It is hard for a young region to justify the cost of scheduling, less likely holding, a competition event when there is no indication of interest with half filled events they already hold currently.

They create a catch 22, by saying I am not going if I can't race and the region is stuck with not being able to hold a race if they can't even get enough participation to justify the cost of good dates.

It isn't like you have to load up the trailer and prepare for a race - I know many NE racers have sporty cars take it to an HPDE and help the region grow and justify making the investment in better dates and the higher cost of competition events.

Heck anyone that would have gone to the HPDE at Watkins Glen recently you would have had a ton of track time and had the chance to see Danika Patrick doing testing. So it wasn't wheel to wheel, but you get to meet great people, the group would benefit from someone coming that has good experience to share and help people appreciate grassroots motorsports more and there would be a lot less complaining about each other's organizations if the people only knew each other instead of just talked about each other.

So take Thursday November 10 off, leave the trailer at home and motor your daily driver around LRP with NASA-NE for a day. It's gotta beat a day at work!