Originally posted by robits325is@Oct 26 2005, 01:22 PM
I thought results didn't matter?
[snapback]63609[/snapback]
As a "final determination?"
No. The ITAC says results don't matter and I believe them.

But, I do find it interesting when stuff happens like one of those "dominant" RX7s comes up against one of those "dominant" 325s. So far, every time I've seen this happen, the RX7 ended up far less than dominant.

Both Chet and Larry are preregistered for the ARRC. Along with John Williams (and I'm assuming he'll be in his 240, but it was wrecked earlier this year so I really don't know) and several other really good cars.
Basically, what we've seen for a few years. Nothing has beaten an orange BMW yet unless it just plain broke. Maybe this year's ARRC will be different, but given that Chet ran a 40 flat in July, when it was about 95 degrees, I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

As mentioned, "Dominant" is relative.
If you try to just use the word "dominant" in terms of track records and performances at the ARRC or the NARRC, the results often change over those just in a particular region.
Example... The ITC car that will easily win the SEDIV Enduro championship lost to my car 4 out of 5 races head to head. So how did they win? Well, they did more races and we had one DNF in that 5th head to head race.
Now... Which car was "dominant?"
Well?
Certainly it isn't the car that didn't win the championship and certainly it isn't the car that lost 4 of 5 times.
Then answer is... When your criteria is that narrow, you can't get an answer.

Scott, who points out that the "dominant" performer in any given region can change with something as simple as a company transfer.