I think what will get younger people involved in IT is an understanding that you CAN go out and race competitively in a $5000 car. Thats where the club misses the marketing boat for ITB and ITC in my opinion.

Run a series of articles in Super Street or Honda Tuner about building and racing a 87 CRX Si in ITB for $7000 and see if it doesn't grab some interest.

NASA has done this with the Honda Challenge, but they've focused on the fastest, pimpyest class (H1). While it gets plenty of interest with the younger crowd (brightly painted Civics with Acura powerplants are all the rage) 95% of these guys can't remotely drop $25 to $50K to build a race car. Thats what they'd LIKE to do, but they can't.

When I was 24 years old, I could have been racing an ITB or ITC car. Easily. Problem was that I just didn't even know it existed.

Scott, who thinks we need to get some newer VWs, Mazdas, Fords and Hondas in ITB/C and get the word out.

Has anybody with SCCA considered sending a photog and writer to the ARRC race to cover the ITC race? Maybe to later try to publish in some of the "tuner" magazines? It promises to be a real showdown, but if nobody covers it and sends it to the automotive public... Well... Only those people who already know about it are going to know about it.
Just a suggestion.