Having done a classification request in recent memory - two years ago - I can say that the process is OK. I had to get permission from Topeka (J. Thoennes) to leave a bunch of the VTS slots blank, since I didn't have/couldn't find the necessary info (windshield layback angle???) but, not too bad.

Once the forms were in, it got reviewed and approved in a resonable time.

The problem is NOT there, however. It's simply that CURRENT racers are not likely to go to a bunch of trouble to attract more competition against themselves in different (and perhaps newer, higher-tech, more threatening) makes and models. NEW potential racers don't know how to go about it, or even that they are allowed to request new listings.

There are disincentives to growth of the classes here, in terms of getting new cars - and therefore new people? - into the IT classes. In the name of "being reponsive" or being "member driven," a big piece of what should be strategic thinking for the future of the category is neglected.

I know that the ITAC won't know everything about every car but isn't it possible that someone should be looking at the big picture?

K