Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MARRS 10: Any of ya'll going?

Angry

Originally posted by spnkzss@Oct 5 2005, 04:25 PM
    Others like Yip and Gregg turn into panzies and go to a "bed" in a "house".
    [snapback]61855[/snapback]
    Some of us live 10 minutes away - focker... It looks like the "usual" ITA turnout will be a bit thin this weekend and I have a car to prep for Drivers School so I may be a bit more scarce than normal. I'm debating whether to even bring the big trailer since Mo won't be there to cook so it'll just be AJ, Evan, Brad and Mark in the "No Class" padock.

Don't worry about the cold driving me away - I'm very well insulated and depending on my diet, I'm self-heating as well.
    Haz-Matt Racing

Originally posted by mgyip@Oct 5 2005, 04:37 PM
    ...so it'll just be AJ, Evan, Brad and Mark in the "No Class" padock.
    nice to know that I am being remembered.... focker. at least don't forget to save me a space.

Angry

Damn Frenchies...I got a space for ya...in the next state :P

No worries - there will be plenty of room for you.
    Haz-Matt Racing

Originally posted by mgyip@Oct 6 2005, 09:08 AM
    Damn Frenchies...I got a space for ya...in the next state :P

No worries - there will be plenty of room for you.
    [snapback]61918[/snapback]
    they didn't want me in VA or MD either... No love for the frogs I tell ya (well, unless they are purple.) I was hoping WV's good people would be more accepting - especially when they are wearing grass skirts and coconut bras. :119:

see you in a couple of days.

Spanky
    "Others like Yip and Gregg turn into panzies and go to a "bed" in a "house"."
    I can make sure that Gregg no longer has a bed in a house near the track, what is it worth to you?

"This weekend I'm probably jsut going to bring some Bacardi and Coke with Lime"
    What time will the bar open?

cheers
    "dangerous" dave parker
    wdcr ITC#97
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Originally posted by dave parker@Oct 6 2005, 12:21 PM
    Spanky
    "Others like Yip and Gregg turn into panzies and go to a "bed" in a "house"."
    I can make sure that Gregg no longer has a bed in a house near the track, what is it worth to you?
    I'll have to think about that one

Originally posted by dave parker@Oct 6 2005, 12:21 PM

"This weekend I'm probably jsut going to bring some Bacardi and Coke with Lime"
    What time will the bar open?

cheers
    "dangerous" dave parker
    wdcr ITC#97
    [snapback]61949[/snapback]
    Since I'm group 1, probably sooner than normal
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Just wanted to tell you all to have fun and hope to see you again next season.

Bill

Originally posted by Gregg@Oct 4 2005, 10:29 PM
    I'll be happy to stay in line (just at the front of it). It's supposed to rain, right?
    [snapback]61791[/snapback]
    looks like rain for qualifying tomorrow, and only a 30% chance of rain for sunday. Gregg, you might want to start your rain dance now - don't forget the grass skirt.

Angry

Ugh - I do NOT want to qualify in the rain since the car doesn't have rain tires!! The good news is that I was able to change the offending strut last night which SHOULD get me thru the weekend.

It's a good thing that my grass skirt is short or it would be getting awfully wet today...
    Haz-Matt Racing

Originally posted by mgyip@Oct 7 2005, 09:01 AM
    Ugh - I do NOT want to qualify in the rain since the car doesn't have rain tires!! The good news is that I was able to change the offending strut last night which SHOULD get me thru the weekend.

It's a good thing that my grass skirt is short or it would be getting awfully wet today...
    [snapback]62026[/snapback]
    I don&#39;t particualarly want rain either - I have some brake pads and rotors to bed in in the morning, and some changes to the rear suspension I was hoping to test out... <_<

Apparently my rain dance is working. It&#39;s about the only hope I have to make up for being just a little underpowered. And hey, I may actually out qualify the guy in the coconut bra for a change. See Matt all I needed was rain, rain tires for me and no rains for you. Oh, and that pesky wreck thing which put you in a car in a slower class. But other than that, it&#39;s all talent!
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

Originally posted by Matt Rowe@Oct 7 2005, 11:44 AM
    Apparently my rain dance is working. It&#39;s about the only hope I have to make up for being just a little underpowered. And hey, I may actually out qualify the guy in the coconut bra for a change. See Matt all I needed was rain, rain tires for me and no rains for you. Oh, and that pesky wreck thing which put you in a car in a slower class. But other than that, it&#39;s all talent!
    [snapback]62045[/snapback]
    Matt: How&#39;d you do this weekend? Trannie transplant seems successful, will know more when eveything is buttoned up.

How did everyone else do?
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Angry

What an ugly weekend both on and off the track. Saturday was steady rain ALL DAY LONG!!! Sunday&#39;s race was dry but the racing itself wasn&#39;t exactly stellar. I started DFL due to mechanical issues. I saw a huge mess at the start but was so far back that I don&#39;t know anything about the particulars. The yellow Rabbit was apaprently on two wheels driving OVER an RX7 but when I arrived on the scene the only thing left was an orange Volvo with left-side damage including a shattered LR quarter glass. Turn 1 wasn&#39;t much better when the ITA leader took out the ITB leader leaving the Alfa stuck on the embankment.

Matt is quite pleased b/c I wasn&#39;t able to catch up with him so he beat me for once. He was also gloating about out-qualifying me but my car wouldn&#39;t rev over 4500 rpms and I parked it after 2 laps. Of course, it the car I was driving drove from the other end and wasn&#39;t 33 yrs old, I might have had a better chance. I was able to pass a couple of ITB cars however including the white 8v Golf (albeit with rookie stripes).

Next year, the General Li will race again...
    Haz-Matt Racing

Originally posted by mgyip@Oct 10 2005, 12:57 PM
    What an ugly weekend both on and off the track. Saturday was steady rain ALL DAY LONG!!! Sunday&#39;s race was dry but the racing itself wasn&#39;t exactly stellar. I started DFL due to mechanical issues. I saw a huge mess at the start but was so far back that I don&#39;t know anything about the particulars. The yellow Rabbit was apaprently on two wheels driving OVER an RX7 but when I arrived on the scene the only thing left was an orange Volvo with left-side damage including a shattered LR quarter glass. Turn 1 wasn&#39;t much better when the ITA leader took out the ITB leader leaving the Alfa stuck on the embankment.

Matt is quite pleased b/c I wasn&#39;t able to catch up with him so he beat me for once. He was also gloating about out-qualifying me but my car wouldn&#39;t rev over 4500 rpms and I parked it after 2 laps. Of course, it the car I was driving drove from the other end and wasn&#39;t 33 yrs old, I might have had a better chance. I was able to pass a couple of ITB cars however including the white 8v Golf (albeit with rookie stripes).

Next year, the General Li will race again...
    [snapback]62190[/snapback]
    darn, i missed all the entertainment...i watched the 6th race from the tower hill, but went back to the paddock during ita/itb to prep for the its race.

its race? what its race? snoooore! there were only 5 its cars in the race and they were all mixed in with the ssm&#39;s after rain qualifying. i kinda just ran away at the start and did 16 parade laps...

marshall

[its race? what its race? snoooore! there were only 5 its cars in the race and they were all mixed in with the ssm&#39;s after rain qualifying. i kinda just ran away at the start and did 16 parade laps...

marshall

Marshall, sorry about what seemed to be a not so good weekend, but I guess congrats on the Championship.
    Comon up to the Ledges this weekend I think you will have some competition. Ted G will be here and a bunch of fast guys. Should be 1 hell of a weekend.
    dj

Originally posted by dj10@Oct 10 2005, 09:42 PM
    [its race? what its race? snoooore! there were only 5 its cars in the race and they were all mixed in with the ssm&#39;s after rain qualifying. i kinda just ran away at the start and did 16 parade laps...

marshall

Marshall, sorry about what seemed to be a not so good weekend, but I guess congrats on the Championship.
    Comon up to the Ledges this weekend I think you will have some competition. Ted G will be here and a bunch of fast guys. Should be 1 hell of a weekend.
    dj
    [snapback]62237[/snapback]
    it was a fun weekend despite the rain. probably should have done what ted did though...skip marrs 10 and do the ledges race. never been up there. oh well....gotta start getting ready for the arrc. actually not taking my car down, going to run in an srx7!

Originally posted by mlytle@Oct 10 2005, 10:34 PM
    it was a fun weekend despite the rain. probably should have done what ted did though...skip marrs 10 and do the ledges race. never been up there. oh well....gotta start getting ready for the arrc. actually not taking my car down, going to run in an srx7!
    [snapback]62244[/snapback]
    see you there.

Originally posted by Matt Rowe@Oct 7 2005, 10:44 AM
    [snapback]62045[/snapback]
    All I needed was a few dns&#39;s some dnf&#39;s and a big wreck on turn one of the first lap to get three hundred marrs points. So what I&#39;m still fourth in points. All that aside I went for the unexpected and that&#39;s what I got. What a blast!!!!!!!!!! CONGATULATIONS MARK CARPENTER on your first win. And many more.
    BRAD

Originally posted by BRAD BARNHOUSE@Oct 11 2005, 12:27 AM
    All I needed was a few dns&#39;s some dnf&#39;s and a big wreck on turn one of the first lap to get three hundred marrs points. So what I&#39;m still fourth in points. All that aside I went for the unexpected and that&#39;s what I got. What a blast!!!!!!!!!! CONGATULATIONS MARK CARPENTER on your first win. And many more.
    BRAD
    [snapback]62248[/snapback]

Thanks Brad! As always, it was fun being paddocked next to you guys, even if it rained all day saturday I still enjoyed myself. It was my first time on a track in the rain on saturday for qualifying, and what a blast! It helps to have good Dirt Stockers, but I learned a lot about running in the rain in those two sessions. I also found out I REALLY need to put the heater/defroster controls back in the car for days like this, I couldnt see much after a few laps.

It&#39;s a shame what happened at the start of the race on sunday. I knew Greg would be faster then me, so my original plan for the race was to get behind him and try and keep up, I would have been happy with 2nd and the blue crx in sights through my windshield. Instead, I went from like 3 wide in T1, in about 4th place to 1st and in the clear in about 20 feet. Looked like Greg got in too hot and lost the rear end on cold tires, and the rest is history, I missed the spinning Alfa by about a foot and cruised from there, didnt really push 10/10ths trying not to make a mistake in traffic. As John put it in impound after the race "I pulled a rabbit out of my ass today!" LOL, couldnt agree more, but I was thrilled to win for the first time!

Oh and Brad, your welcome for the points, I really need to put those decals on my car LOL.

-Mark

Mark Carpenter
    GGS Racing.com
    FP Integra #38
    ITA Acura Integra #17 --SOLD--

UNC-Charlotte and CT

Originally posted by Racerboy03@Oct 11 2005, 07:21 PM
    Thanks Brad! As always, it was fun being paddocked next to you guys, even if it rained all day saturday I still enjoyed myself. It was my first time on a track in the rain on saturday for qualifying, and what a blast! It helps to have good Dirt Stockers, but I learned a lot about running in the rain in those two sessions. I also found out I REALLY need to put the heater/defroster controls back in the car for days like this, I couldnt see much after a few laps.

It&#39;s a shame what happened at the start of the race on sunday. I knew Greg would be faster then me, so my original plan for the race was to get behind him and try and keep up, I would have been happy with 2nd and the blue crx in sights through my windshield. Instead, I went from like 3 wide in T1, in about 4th place to 1st and in the clear in about 20 feet. Looked like Greg got in too hot and lost the rear end on cold tires, and the rest is history, I missed the spinning Alfa by about a foot and cruised from there, didnt really push 10/10ths trying not to make a mistake in traffic. As John put it in impound after the race "I pulled a rabbit out of my ass today!" LOL, couldnt agree more, but I was thrilled to win for the first time!

Oh and Brad, your welcome for the points, I really need to put those decals on my car LOL.
    -Mark
    [snapback]62314[/snapback]
    Hey Mark, take it anyway you can get it. A win is a win. I was giving it everything it had to catch you. Ripping the teeth off that OPM gear at marrs 8 did me in. Lots of fun was had anyway. We had a good time in spite of the weather. Well maybe your Dad would disagree. I hope he&#39;s dried out by now. Put those stickers on there next year. More cars means more fun and excitement.
    Brad