Thread: IS300 in ITS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Originally posted by Bill Miller@Sep 22 2005, 06:10 AM
    Bruce Shafer has admitted that his car is not a 10/10ths effort, yet, as someone else pointed out
    How many times are you going to repeat this BS? It's pretty clear you're out of material and have been for days. From now on state that I don't have MOTEC, not that my car is not a 10/10ths effort. Sheesh...

ITR #41 '93 BMW E36 CFR/FR

"All My Ex's Have Rolex's"

Originally posted by Bruce Shafer@Sep 22 2005, 01:45 PM
    How many times are you going to repeat this BS? It's pretty clear you're out of material and have been for days. From now on state that I don't have MOTEC, not that my car is not a 10/10ths effort. Sheesh...
    [snapback]60913[/snapback]
    I think 10/10th in the minds of many = Motec since that is what Chet and the other "fast" ones use.

If yours is the car that made 195rwhp on the Mustang dyno then it is already making more power than any other car type in the class. Using the Motec will definitely pick you up some peak hp and improve that area under the curve a bit, you'll have an even larger edge on the class.

Originally posted by rlearp@Sep 22 2005, 10:05 AM
    I think 10/10th in the minds of many = Motec since that is what Chet and the other "fast" ones use.

If yours is the car that made 195rwhp on the Mustang dyno then it is already making more power than any other car type in the class. Using the Motec will definitely pick you up some peak hp and improve that area under the curve a bit, you'll have an even larger edge on the class.
    [snapback]60917[/snapback]
    I’m simply asking for accuracy around here, nothing more, nothing less.

Instead of this phrase, “Bruce has admitted that his car is not 10/10ths”, which I never said, use this phrase, “Bruce has admitted that his car does not have MOTEC”, which I have said.

The second quote clearly doesn’t carry as much weight. There are a lot of people around here that are skeptical about the benefits of MOTEC on an IT car, and I’m one of them.

I understand what Bruce is saying.

In my case, it's not that I don't have a 10/10th car, it's just that I didn't increase the compression 1/2 point or go to 40-thou-over pistons yet...so stop trying to accuse me of not doing a 100% (10/10 = 1.00 = 100%) effort. While we're at it, let's talk about getting some weight off my car; it's obviously uncompetitive this way. - GA

Originally posted by GregAmy@Sep 22 2005, 02:35 PM

In my case, it's not that I don't have a 10/10th car, it's just that I didn't increase the compression 1/2 point or go to 40-thou-over pistons yet...so stop trying to accuse me of not doing a 100% (10/10 = 1.00 = 100%) effort. While we're at it, let's talk about getting some weight off my car; it's obviously uncompetitive this way. - GA
    [snapback]60924[/snapback]

:P
    Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

Originally posted by GregAmy@Sep 22 2005, 10:35 AM

[snapback]60924[/snapback]
    Not the same argument, the jury is still out on what the MOTEC brings to the table for an IT car.

Half point increase and .040 over motor have had definitive measurable HP increases since the invention of the internal combustion engine.

Nice try though!