Originally posted by Knestis@Sep 1 2005, 12:27 AM
I don't buy that this situation is that cut-and-dried, or that most drivers - Honda, ITC, or otherwise - are quite THAT vindictive.
[snapback]59462[/snapback]
Kirk, I agree, but let's have some fun. I have never met a vindictive HONDA! I've met some vindictive Miatas, BMWs and GTIs, but no HONDAs (after all, the HONDAs have nothing to be vindictive about)

Bill, thank you for finally moving this somewhere where we VW racers can all see it. I can't imagine your motivation for originally raising the issue in the ARRC thread. For the record, I did not add the '84 Scirocco 1.7 to the listing. I believe that it has either been there all along, or was added by someone before I started paying attention. I have, however, seen a handful of them over the years (mostly in boneyards) so I have no doubt of their existence!

Derek, I'm out of the country for a few more weeks. If I recall after all these years, I think the gearbox information that you seek may best be found in the early '84 Scirocco Owner's Manual (not the '84.5 version -- check publication date on back cover). Where the '83.5 version showed two sets of break-in speeds, the early '84 version only showed one. Get it? Now, go get 'em!!!

Cheers!