Originally posted by Bill Miller@Aug 30 2005, 07:41 AM
Can you change the navigation so that the 'Back' button will take you out of the forums?
[snapback]59274[/snapback]
Bill, took me a while to figure out what link you were referring to
I think you mean the "Improved Touring Website" link located underneath the IT Logo in the upper left ??

One of the most difficult aspects of dealing with these forums is the modification of the UI look and feel. I'm used to doing these things directly in the code via CSS, HTML, JS etc.... unfortunately doing that here could result in disaster since the app is designed to be changed only through the ACP (Admin Control Panel) and it's embedded editors.

So this is a long winded excuse :P for why I have not changed teh forums from their defulat styles yet. I will educate myself on the UI mods (skins) in the near future and we'll see if we can't get them looking liek the rest of the IT.com site.

One goal is to incorporate the header that is found throughout the rest of the site into each forum page in place of the large "stolen" graphic currently at the top.

PS - You want to be a moderator like you were before? As the forums grow I could use a bit of help keeping discussions in the right forums/sub-forums etc.