Summit Point – Labor Day Weekend Double

Originally posted by mgyip@Aug 24 2005, 01:05 PM
The event is filling fast!!  ITS/SSM is already FULL with 50 cars.  ITA/ITB is filling rapidly with 46 - 31 ITA cars!!

Paddock space will be at a premium and I fear that the license keepers will be there in full force which means a plethora of cars (and drivers) that haven't been on track or even maintained since the 2004 Double MARRS! :bash_1_: !
[snapback]58933[/snapback]​

I sure hope that they change the supps like they talked about doing last year. No license keepers was the plan.

Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 25 2005, 03:47 PM
I sure hope that they change the supps like they talked about doing last year. No license keepers was the plan.
[snapback]59014[/snapback]​

I'm not quite sure what that means - but there are nearly 300 entrants now and nothing is oversubcribed. I hope not many people decide to enter a race the week before.

Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 25 2005, 10:47 AM

Not for this year but it was certainly a heated discussion topic and will be on the agenda for the 2006 Double that the event is single-sanction with 2 races to keep the license keepers from popping out of the woodwork and wreaking havoc.

Originally posted by gran racing@Aug 24 2005, 05:00 PM
Sound a lot like the last time we came down two years ago.  Certainly makes for some interesting starts!  I can't help but remember this one...

Jake F.'s Summit Start

It was even worse further back in the field where I was.  <_<
[snapback]58955[/snapback]​

Yeah, those big field starts at Summit Point are always fun!!!

Matt,

Thanks, may head down Thurs. PM or Fri. AM. I'll call.

I Wonder why this event is stretched over 3 days? Not much track time on Sat., hope someone is having a big party.

Originally posted by dj10@Aug 26 2005, 07:55 AM
I Wonder why this event is stretched over 3 days? Not much track time on Sat., hope someone is having a big party.
[snapback]59046[/snapback]​

By the total number of cars and the fact that there is qualifying for Sun and Mon races on Sat stretches the event to 3 days. On a typical MARRS weekend, Sat has 2 qualifying sessions (morn and afternoon) for the same race - for the Double, that becomes 1 qualifying session for Sun and 1 qualifying session for Mon.

Originally posted by mgyip@Aug 26 2005, 01:23 PM
By the total number of cars and the fact that there is qualifying for Sun and Mon races on Sat stretches the event to 3 days.  On a typical MARRS weekend, Sat has 2 qualifying sessions (morn and afternoon) for the same race - for the Double, that becomes 1 qualifying session for Sun and 1 qualifying session for Mon.
[snapback]59047[/snapback]​
Normally I see qualifying in the mornings and the races in the afternoon, which would eliminate the extra day. You may be right, it's more the number of cars. Looks like a hell of a turn out.
dj10 or for this weekend I guess it's dj30 :)

Originally posted by dj10@Aug 26 2005, 03:54 PM
Normally I see qualifying in the mornings and the races in the afternoon, which would eliminate the extra day. You may be right, it's more the number of cars. Looks like a hell of a turn out.
dj10 or for this weekend I guess it's dj30  :)
[snapback]59059[/snapback]​

normal events outside of the marrs series don't have 250-375 cars and 9 run groups. you just can't do a double with that many cars in two days. the sarrc/marrs event at vir found that out the first year they tried it.

for labor day, two run groups are now closed due to oversubscriptions, ita/itb and its/ssm. a third group is only two cars away from the limit. 325 cars registered so far. there were 375 last year.

I am actually surprised that the SM group has yet to fill. I knew ITA/ITB would be one of the first with such a strong showing this season.

Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 25 2005, 03:47 PM

I would think the high car count would mean some great racing. Besides, the region does a great job at making money for charity at this event...

P.S. Don't forget to get your EV insurance!!!!

Originally posted by mlytle@Aug 26 2005, 04:37 PM
normal events outside of the marrs series don't have 250-375 cars and 9 run groups.  you just can't do a double with that many cars in two days.  the sarrc/marrs event at vir found that out the first year they tried it. 

for labor day, two run groups are now closed due to oversubscriptions, ita/itb and its/ssm.  a third group is only two cars away from the limit.  325 cars registered so far.  there were 375 last year.
[snapback]59061[/snapback]​
I just hate the drive back on a holiday, seems like every bad driver is out of the road.
Its been sometime since I was at the Point looking forward to meet some good people and always pray for a safe weekend and good clean racing for all.
dj

Uhhh....what's EV insurance??

I kicked in a $20 to the worker fund...is that related?

I think I counted 8 ITA RX-7s...wow..haven't seen that many in one place in years!

Originally posted by dj10@Aug 26 2005, 12:55 PM
[snapback]59046[/snapback]​

What other 2-day double gives you close to 2x the track time you get at a single? Have you been to the 2-day dbl at Pocono? You're lucky if you get the same amt of track time you get at a MARRS single! :119:

Jake,

The EV insurance is essentially a charity donation. The Labor Day dbl has been a charity fund raiser for as long as I can remember.

Really looking forward to going. Told the boss that I was taking Fri. off, so it looks like, unless something major happens next week, I'll be there!!! :023:

Bill, if you come stop by and say hi. It would be nice to meet you in person. I'll be paddocked with Jake F.'s red/yellow MR2 and another MR2 (with all sorts of colors on it).

Originally posted by jmark@Aug 27 2005, 04:05 PM
How many 240Z's are entered in the ITS races?
[snapback]59118[/snapback]​
In a 14-car field there is one 240z and one 280z.
There are 5 RX-7's
There are 3 325's
There is one Integra
There is one Miata
There is one 944
There is one 190E

That group (ITS/SSM) is at its full complement of 50 cars so you probably won't see the makeup change between now and next weekend.

Originally posted by lateapex911@Aug 27 2005, 07:42 AM
I think I counted 8 ITA RX-7s...wow..haven't seen that many in one place in years!
[snapback]59094[/snapback]​

Wait until you see the dozen or so Pinto's in small bore!

I have a couple of questions on Friday arrival.
1. Can you get into the track and setup before you register (1800 hrs)?
2. If so when does the track let you in?
Thanks
dj

Back