Let me start by disclaiming that I have not used any of these treatments, and I feel that at our level in IT, it would be wasted money, as there are a lot easier ways to make power, the best being using your right pedal more...Now in SM or SRF, etc...

What is the difference between a well-polished piece and a used piece that has been well-cared for? Really, you're going to have no sharp edges, smooth surface, a micropolish on the face due to micron-sized shavings in the clean fluid (you do change the fluid, right?)...

I guess what I'm getting at is that you wouldn't really be able to tell a difference in performance, you'd just be able to have that same level of smooth operation (ie lower friction) a lot sooner in the part's service life.

Now as to TBC's, I see the advantage, but as Mark said, I would find it surprising that it could be detected in the field if done properly. Not that I'm advocating their use, just saying it isn't something clearly visible like a bore/stroke check.

As to cryo treatment... I haven't tried it, but I look at that as improving the stock part, which could save money, and not change the power advantage one way or another. Perfect example is those cracked rotors of mine. We run them with hairline cracks, although I'm not a big fan of it. What performance adantage is gained by cryo? None. So what is gained? Less money having to be spent long term replacing rotors... so that's somewhere I think the rule should be re-visited. The cost of cryo treatment is a lot lower than rotors for many of us, and if it doubles their useful life, it would be worth it.