Originally posted by its66@Aug 9 2005, 01:40 PM
Jeremy,
First, a question, was the oil actually coming out of the seam where the two intake manifold halves meet? IF oil can leak out of there, air can get in there. (other than possibly a miniscule seepage or wicking through a fibrous gasket) If this was happening, that could be part of the lean condition.
I had a one quart catch with a breather in my 240, and I never got more than a few drops when I drained it. Be sure you pull both hoses and T them together. I agree with Michael, It shouldn't be puddling in the intake. IF it is drawing a little while the engine is running, I would think that it would pull that amount on through and burn it off. How do the plugs look?
Joe H might have soem better advice though. He knows alot more about these Nissans than I do.

Jim
[snapback]58097[/snapback]
Well start with a leak down on the motor first. I had a major issue with my 12.5:1 engine. (stock piston deal) pushing oil out that breather and it turned out to be broken ring lands in 2 pistons. Strange break cause ther were both exactly the
same. I had an issue with a race fuel I bought and some signs of rust in the bores. (not from a head gasket issue) The other place it can com from is the PCv system but that is up near the head so I would guess you would have a bigger issue in the cylinder than anything. Keep is informed cause I like to know what to look for. Also How much time is in this engine?