I read and reread your inquiry. Being biased-the Dakota is indeed a better choice than a minivan whose tow capacity is very close to your estimate for the trailer. Our Club Cab is not as spacious as the Crew version-but it tows our rig with ease (4x2 4.7L). In the winter it runs just fine. You want AWD and that is OK too.
If you need the room-a lot of room and don't mind the fuel bill, then the Burb is the way to go. Most minivans can handle part of your needs, but not all by comparison to what you have.
The downside for either a truck or Burb is parking. I cannot put the Dakota or any truck of that size in a parking garage. Clearance at the house is tight but doable. Most SUV's have trouble with clearance as well. Our Alabama family has a full-size Burb and they had to go with a higher door on the garage at their new house. Some minivans will also pose this issue-so be careful. You mention driveway length and that indeed is an issue that is difficult to resolve.
The most important thing I can suggest is that you carefully determine the GROSS weight of your rig as set up to tow. I did and learned that Chrysler in its infinte way did NOT consider the Dakota a true truck (GM and FORD) also suffer from this brain fade). They chose to NOT use the true heavy duty springs from the Durango (better than a minivan for our purposes) as part of the HD Towing Package. WHY-because they wanted people to be comfy in a truck. I get compliments on how smooth the ride is-but I need the springs to hold the weight of everything in the bed and the trailer too (CRX on a 20' aluminum R&R open). Seems that the original springs had to be replaced after our 1st trip because the sagged 2". No problem since-but what a pain. And I was well under to limit of 6010. (BTW the new Durango is rated for over 7000.)

Have a great summer

------------------
Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
'89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
'03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow