It'll tow it - as I've said before, go to the paddocks in the UK and you'll find we're far better off with anything we tow with, including a minivan. My Dad uses a Ford Mini van to tow his 20ft sailboat with and it is pretty damn heavy.

A small truck will work well too and I wouldn't worry about the wheelbase. Everyone told me "Your Lightning will be a horrilbe tow truck". Well, it isn't. In fact, it is quite good with a 20ft enclosed and a lot of stuff - good power and torque and great brakes than shame the trucks that I was told to get to tow with. Fuel use? Well, it only gets around 15 mpg with no trailer, and gets about 10 mpg with the enclosed trailer, so I suppose that is about par for the course.

Anyhow, like you, I had to use mine as a daliy driver and the big truck that I consider overkill for tow duty, since I'm only towing once a month, is too big for daily duty in my opinion.

I would think you can get away with it, but then again, I've seen people with 16ft enclosed trailers behind an Audi 5000s and it works good enough to get to the track and back!

R

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
White Jensen-Healey ITS
Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS
Email: "rlearp at gt40s.com"

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited June 04, 2005).]