Steve, with what Greg said about the drivers side fender, I just build up a little 2x8x14 ramps with a plastic chauk attached to it, so I have something to "aim" for while driving the car on the trailer, and with the added 4" on the left front, the door clears the fender. If I were to do it again, I would run a 10-12 foot of 2x8 along that entire side of the trailer. Who cars if the car is "crooked" when it's on the trailer.

Just remember not to mount the tire rack too far forward. When it's full of tires, you might be overloading your tongue weight limitations of either the trailer of the hitch.

As far as load leving hitches, I don't need one. I tow with a Dodge 2500 4x4 club cab, short bed Turbo Diesel. When the truck is loaded with tools, parts, etc. and the trailer is loaded with the car, tires, and everyting, the ride height is PERFECTLY level, with the front and the rear of the truck. hehehe

I just hope that you don't have to tow over my big mountains, with either the Montero or the Jeep. Going up is hard, but coming down is even more difficult.

------------------
Tim Linerud
San Francisco Region SCCA
#95 GP Wabbit
http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

[This message has been edited by racer_tim (edited December 15, 2004).]