I've been semi seriously looking for an enclosed trailer for awhile now. I've come across a 2001 pace american shadow, 24 footer. Has spare tire, hitch stuff, etrack, floor tiedowns etc. Used 20 times since new.

I have a couple questions with regards to using a enclosed trailer. Not so much at the track, but at home.

1. First of all, any input on the pace american shadow model?

2. My main motivation for an enclosed trailer is to keep ALL of my stuff stored in the trailer during the off season. I realize the enclosed is nice at the track as well, but I want to get ALL of my gear out of my shop during the off season. I have a second set of tools, jacks etc. that will stay in the trailer.

What I'm wondering is if people really keep all their gear and car in the trailer all off season? I've seen posts where people talk about leaving the car in there but removing 1/2 their gear because of concerns about condensation etc.

When I say all of my gear, I mean all of it. Drivers suit, helmet, tools, lawn chairs, awnings, fuel jugs, coolers, car set-up notebooks, brief case, spare parts, pit bike etc. I want all of this stuff out of my shop, and I don't want to be loading/unloading it every weekend during the race season.

Living in WA, we of course get a bunch of rain. How big an issue is condensation and moisture inside these things? Those of you who have enclosed trailers, do you really keep all your gear in there year round?

BTW, I'm well aware of the theft problems associated with these trailers. I will take as many precautions as possible to prevent theft of course. However, I refuse to keep the thing unloaded because of this issue. That pretty much defeats the purpose of having an enclosed trailer in the first place.

3. Color. This trailer is black. I understand that black may not be desirable for the track because of heat. But in WA we don't get high heat at most of our races. I don't think for me the color black would be a deal breaker in this regard.

However, I live on a single lane private road that is lined with trees. Trees that many times hang over the road, or have branches that stick into the road at the taller heights. My fear is the black will not be able to hold up to the trees and get all scratched up. I could of course do a bit better job of keeping the trees trimmed back. But the reality is with this many trees, some of them will brush the trailer at one time or another.

Does the black scratch easily and look like heck?

Thanks
Wayne