Well, much as some might hate to hear it I think I've selected a truck I'll go with, a Lightning.

A buddy of mine hooked me up with Ford's A Plan pricing (he's my father now, for the week) and the prices make a new Ford truck the same as a 2-3 year old used one. Since I have to use this thing every day to communte the fun to drive factors highly into my decision and the Lightning can tow enough as well.

While only factory rated at 5000lbs the Lightning folks routinely tow much more as the truck has the same tranny as in the PowerSmoke automatic and a huge rear end with some huge brakes as well.

Some might poop on the 2wd thing, but I'm in NC with 3 snow days a year. My job does not demand I show up, so, I can work from home on those days or drive my wife's Volvo. I don't see hauling around the extra 4wd stuff on the truck all year for the 1 hour I'd use it per year, when I got stuck in the mud at a paddock. But, then you guys can help me out, right? For some beer? ;-)

However, after having driven just about every damn truck available (even drove a Chevy) in the last month if I were after a full size truck and cared about some sort of rear seat I'd seriously look at the Nissan Titan. Very strong motor, interior that smokes the competition, and would probably be very reliable.

R

------------------
Ron
http://www.gt40s.com
Lotus Turbo Esprit
BMW E36 M3
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey: IT prep progressing!

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited October 03, 2004).]