After trying to use an old Bronco as a tow vehicle for several months, it got very tiring having the biggest worry of racing being getting to and from the event. I later found out that one of the 8 cyl. was bad which led to the lack of power.

I ended up consolidating including selling my beloved sports car (nothing that special but I had wanted it for many, many years). I thought it was really going to stink and I would regret doing this. But, I was very pleasently surprised. Insurance went down especially with less cars, repairs, taxes, ect.

I ended up buying a used V8 Toyota Tundra auto. (so it can tow 7,200 lbs). My wife loves it too! I would say it is really a cross between a car and a truck. Some of my friends told me that wasn't a "real" truck. But I don't have a problem with a comfortable ride. It also has an exhaust system on it, which makes it a bit more fun. The biggest problem I had was finding a used one at a decent price. They really hold their value. They also are very reliable! Check out Consumer Reports and some other magazines that rate it. If you want more room and can afford a new one, they came out with a nice crew cab that has plenty of room for 4 adults.

I like the idea of an enclosed trailer but I've been told by many that it is a pain to tow (visibility, weight, ect.). My friend is lucky enough to have an option to borrow either an alum. open trailer or an enclosed trailer and has a vehicle that can tow either one. He has never brought the enclosed one yet. And get a nice tent and air mattress if you want to sleep at the track. Don't get me wrong, the idea of an enclosed trailer does sound nice. But heck, an open trailer also sounds nice to me! (Still stuck using a tow dolly)

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude