I'm having my first brake issue. This happened once last year but slightly different and it's not the same solution this year.

Hitting the pedal it's full hard. And when it's full hard, they don't work.

Last year when this happened, they went full hard, full soft (no pedal) and OK. Turned out one of my calipers was walking off the rotor. (think I have a pic).

Now when it happens it's always full hard. Calipers are fine and no evidence of them walking around. It rarely does it twice in a row. Pads are new, system was flushed. Ford brake fluid. Same brands of everything that was used last year.

For lack of a better word, it really freaks me out when it happens and I'm petrified to go as deep in a corner as I can. I also will give them a tap (or 2 or 3) before the corner to see if they're there which slows me down as well.

Despite this I was still a full second quicker than last year but would like to fix this!

It's never happened on the street either, though I don't drive for half a mile or so warming up the brakes on the street normally.

The only thing we can find wrong is it seems my master cylinder cap is leaking a bit, even though I'm sure I replaced it. I'll get a new one anyway and we'll go through the system again but I'd love to hear any ideas?

Thanks,

Diane
ITB #21
NER