Originally posted by robits325is:
Not based on results? Why else would you impose a competitive adjustment other than results? The 'performance potential ' arguement has to stop. ... The argument that results reflect the data is one sided.

I disagree... If the data on the car did not explain it's performance, would we have adjusted it?? NO... The two correlate, and that is significant...

The members of the BMW crowd that I speak too all feel that the SCCA dislikes BMWs that do well. (some voice their opinions publically and some privatly) From the Z4 incident($) at the runoffs to the restrictor plate on the E-36 to the typo on the E-46 they all have valid arguments.
If that's the case, then why is the Z3 now in ITA? In the past, that car would have automatically been put into ITS...

I believe in the past the Porsches have recieved a raw deal, but BMWs seem to wind up competitive wherever they are classed... as evidence from your Z4 example above... Even WITH the restrictor, Jim managed to blow everyone else off the track that day...

Better driver??? Better car??? I'll leave that for you to decide...

I can assure you that, regardless of what you seem to think, the ITAC is certainly NOT anti-BMW... we just think they ought to be classed based on their potential...

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX