A couple of points of interest since I just finished looking for a header. It is correct that the Stahl is too low. I too purchased a weld-it-yourself kit and did not use it. I ended up making my own. I looked at the set Ron mentioned, but the front and rear sections are identical which makes it necessary to have the convuluted front pipe with a serious restriction where it crosses over the motor mount. Those headers are made by MSDS. I ended up making my own set (NOT INTERESTED) before I saw the set made by Ground Control. I think they will be your best bet for size/ground clearance and with a merge collector should make good power.

I spoke with Kromer Kraft, and they will make a set for about 800 but they need a car to build a set. That was 6 weeks or so ago, so they may have engineered a set by not.

As you can see, there is practically no easy/cheap way to header the e30. Look at what www.ground-control.com has and I think you will be pleased. IMHO, there's is the best money/clearance solution. Then you still have to build or buy a merge collector and weld everything. Good luck.

------------------
Chuck Baader
#36 ITA E30 BMW
Alabama Region Divisional Registrar