I have read through this a few times now and am still at a loss as to how to help you. What exactly is you question? I did what you are doing and know how to do it well. I had a bone stock 95 M3. I started by doing BMW and PCA driver schools to get some skills and some seat time. Then I started racing it in BMW Club Racing as well as some T2 stuff. I kept modifying it and moved to the HP class in BMW and then finally to midified (BM) I have done it all to and with that car. I had the car down below 2400lbs and it was a champion winning race car in every class it entered. I sold it in January of this year and built my current E36 ITS car that also has been massively dominant winning nearly everything it entered. That too is now for sale.

The point is I think I have done everything you want to try to do with your car so fire away... I'd bet I could help.

Oh BTW... nice to see some good thought behind learning to drive. Driver schools are fun and you get a chance to learn lots of different tracks with guidance. You also become a superior driver when you do decide to actually start racing. Everybody I know that came up through the BMW CCA driver schools system that eventually started racing in SCCA were immediately successful in SCCA. When you show up with such a strong base of skills you can't help but do well. I really personally think that SCCA requirement of 2 regional race school weekends and then you join the race world is insane. Learn to drive then learn to race.

Robbie
#10 ITS E36 for sale