OK - a few point to add for the more OPEN MINDED here:

1) The only dog required in this fight is an OPINION. Well thought out, reasonably presented opinions are preferable, but even stupid, whiney, poorly concieved opinions are protected by the basic tenant of free speech. If I find myself in your neck of the woods for some unknown reason, I would love to come out and race in your class against anyone here is who is a driver. I competed in 20 races last year over a large geographic area, so it is not inconcievable that it could happen!

2) A good idea is a good idea.....it's that simple. I don't slam you for not agreeing with me, because this forum's whole reason for being is the free exchange of ideas! At least I am open minded enough to give you a chance to convince me of your point. (Before punching several gaping logical holes through it's soft and self-serving underbelly, of course!){meant as a joke, no disrespect intended!}

3) Yes, if the spec tire was BFG R1's or Falken Azenzi's or Joe Bob's Cheap as Hell Hard as Rock "Floor it and steer like crazy" YeeHaw Racin' Specials I'm fine with it. I agree totally with the poster above - I'm here for the race not for the ride. I want to know whos fastest, not who's car is fastest. I just watched the 5th Gear episode where the guy bought Schumachers 2002 F1 car and he intends to drive exhibitions all over the world. If it's just about the money, go buy that car and cross America setting the outright lap record at every single track in the country on lapping days. If it's about RACING, then lets make sure we encourage drivers to come out and challenge us without scaring them away with our tire budgets. THAT is what the IT classes are really about. If IT just isn't fast enough for you and you want to really find out about tire performance and big budgets, get into a Production or better yet a GT car. By your own description of what is important to you in a tire, you haven't even scratched the surface with DOT radials!!!!! Your favorite Hoosier DOT tires are absolute RAGS compared to Goodyear and Hoosier slicks. (Imagine the difference between RA-1's and worn out snow tires and you get the picture)

Boswoj

[This message has been edited by Boswoj (edited December 26, 2004).]