Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soft Pedal

Hell yeah I'll be at IRP.

Actually we'll see each other at the Revolution. I managed to wiggle my way in as an instructor for the track sessions. We might have to get together and hit the go kart track on Saturday evening.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
    Chris, from my experiences a person can bleed the brakes untill hell freezes over on a 1st gen Mazda & the brakes will still be soft. If your master cylinder is similar to the 1st gen get five speed bleeders & make it a final fixed issue. After I put in the previously explained speed bleed system the soft pedal has NEVER shown up again. I don't bleed between sessions because the pedal is always hard.

Have Fun
    David

[This message has been edited by ddewhurst (edited March 03, 2005).]
    David, I use a pressure bleeder attached to the brake fluid reservoir to bleed my brakes. Will this avoid the issue you mention?

Joe, I have never used anything to bleed other than the normal bleeders & the speed bleeders with the speed bleeder at the master cylinder. So I need to do a Duh, don't know.

Sorry
    David

Originally posted by joeracerx95:
    David, I use a pressure bleeder attached to the brake fluid reservoir to bleed my brakes. Will this avoid the issue you mention?
    Based on my understanding of David's explanation of the problem, I would say yes, because the fluid is not being moved (or partially moved) by the pushrod, it is being pushed through 'open' orifices. Just thinking out loud.

------------------
    Steve
    [email protected]
    <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/jake7140" TARGET=_blank>My racing page
    </A><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/elrss" TARGET=_blank>Elkhart Lake Racing_&_Sipping Society
    </A>