I guess mine is just a little different since I'm taking a junk transmission and putting some of the parts into a new one. So far the tools I've bought are a drift set for hammering out those little pins, a pair of snap ring pliers and one other set of pliers that I can't remember the actual name for. They're used for taking out those washer looking rings. Those are darn handy. Also a dead blow hammer.

Tools that I need to make are that giant socket we've been talking about. I think that's it for tools!

Oh, you need a bearing puller, and a LONG one at that. I bought a normal bearing puller then got some metal stock from menards and created longer arms for the puller so now it's like 2 feet long. Works pretty crazy, but it does work.

I haven't started putting it together yet, but I know one thing that will need replacing, and that's this nut that I'm dealing with. It has a tab that gets hammered down into a slot so it doesn't spin. It's garbage once taken off.

Other than that maybe some snap rings, anything else you break in frustration, and the beer bottles that got emptied.

How's that! As far as what needs replacing in a "real" rebuild I would like to hear as well.

Ben.