I'm afraid I don't have any history. I was just out looking at the 2 that can turn. The most hopeful one, I'll call #1 has some good looking apex seals in it. I get 2 puffs out of the front rotor, one weak one out of the 2nd. One seal on the 2nd rotor has maybe a little surface rust on it but all in all it looks good. I put some ATF in there and turned it around for awhile, hopefully that does the trick.

#2 engine has a good looking front rotor, the 2nd is a different story. It's missing two apex seals and it looks like they were pried out or left by some other scary means. The rotor doesn't look good.

So hopefully #1 turns out to be decent. Another thing I noticed is when I had the seal in view through the spark plug hole and I would turn the motor forward and backward slowly keeping the seal in view, I could see the "good" seals moving just a tad with the change of direction. Good or bad?

And since I live in Minnesota where the national bird is the mosquito, this ATF application could become a regular practice!

Thanks for the help!

Ben Harding
#33 ITA RX7