Originally posted by lateapex911:

Hey Balz!

I checked out the SDJ 12a header on their website, and I have a few questions....I'm glad you have experience with it!

First, what exactly makes the power on this header? Second, is the diameter pipe appropriate? What diameter is it? And third, do they grind the welds on the interior of the pipes as they construct the header? Or are the welds and related bumps unimportant in the Hp search?

Do you think this header produces more Hp than any other? A good comparison might be the unbiquitous Racing Beat design.

I ask this not to challenge, but as an interested future header buyer. I currently have the ISC header, which is a very pretty stainless steel affair, similar in appearance to the RB unit, but I'm unsure of it's position in the big picture, Hp-wise!

Thanks!

I'll try to answer to the "best of my ability"...

1. IMHO..its the length of the pipe and the collection point into a 3" collector. My recommendation is to run 3" pipe straight (with 2x45 degree connectors) to the back and use a "free flow" exhaust.

2. IMHO it is...the pipe to the collector is (I think, but will confirm later) 2 1/4 or 2 1/2" pipe that runs back to the collector. VERY similar to Paul yaw's setup. I do think the pipe size is appropriate.

3. From what I have seen, the pipe is ground to mate up, and the welds are of what "I" would call very good quality.

4. I like this header a LOT more then I did the Racing Beat header, although I can't tell you the HP differences (yet). I have not run them side by side but, the car does seem to "continue" to pull more with this header over the RB header.

I have never run an ICS header, but most of Mike V's stuff is really good as well.

Send me an e-mail and I will send you the output of my last set of Dyno data with the RB header installed. I am going to try to go again before the ARRC and will have a comparison*** with the SDJ header.

***....Different environmental variables will change HP...

------------------
Balz
#67 IT-7
www.balz.myip.org
"I live my life one Apex (seal) at a time"