Originally posted by lateapex911:
If we take the stock power, and multiply it by the generally accepted IT power increase, and convert to wheel HP, we get about 132 plus WHP. A power to weight ratio of 17.6. If we look at the current big dog, the CRX, and we believe the reports that they make 120 WHP, we get a p/w ratio of 17.8.
How come the "generally accepted" IT power increase has to be used for the EX with the d16a1 motor, while it’s ok quoting 120 whp for the d16a6 crx motor? (I hope I got those engine codes right!) Either stick to the "generally accepted" ratio for both in order to come up with a more equal estimate, or assume the d16a1 EX motor as the same IT power increase potential as its cousin, the CRX Si motor, yielding about 141 whp for the EX.

I always agreed with this. The EX belongs in ITA. And I think the closer its weight is to the G2 integra, the more equal they will be. Regardless, just getting it down to ITA is good. Since I predict it to make about the same power as a G2 teg, but weigh in at over 100 lbs less, it should have a slight edge. Either way, putting the EX in ITA will no doubt add yet another front running competitive car to the mix (240, crx, miata, G2 integra). It will be interesting to see just how far EXs will go once people start building these cars for IT.

------------------
Alex