I agree James. Different tracks, different weather conditions, etc., etc., are all factors.

And I'll admit that I have a certain inherent bias towards the GSR because I have one. But I honestly look at the package as a whole and can't understand why it is saddled with so much weight. I've heard the "SCCA is scared of VTEC" argument and I don't buy that. The del sol has VTEC...

In the end, as a whole package, the GSR is an example of a car that could be made more competitive with a serious weight reduction. It's a great car with good power, but it has no torque and weak brakes (the exact same brakes found on the Civic EX and del sol, both of which are significantly lighter).

I don't want ANY car, including mine, to have a big advantage due to arbitrary weight rules. That doesn't bode well for any of us. I also don't want any car to have a big disadvantage due to arbitrary weight rules for the same reasons.

The GSR (again, only an example as there are others) is a perfect example of a car that carrys ALOT of extra weight and hasn't really done all that well. At least not well enough to justify the extra pounds. Scott S. has some top finishes but he certainly has not been dominant by any means.

No, I don't believe you can make EVERY car competitive. But there is no sense in taking a car that COULD be competitive and throwing 100lbs of lead in it for no apparent reason.

I hope I'm making sense. It's sometimes hard to express yourself via internet board.