The GCR permits you to do one of several things with the sunroof. You can strap it shut; cover the hole with a steel panel after removing the sunroof assembly-or-do as I did (last lines of the rule) completely cut the roof skin off and replace it with a new panel from a DX. YES, they are available from Honda for $304 list price plus install. This also permits you to fully remove ALL of the wiring for the sunroof controls. The car will look like a DX when you are done and meet the rules. BTW: for those that do not know-the rear washer squirter has to be retained along with the tubing (I didn't say it has to work-just be able to <BG>).
MY car has all of the sound deadener removed from the floor and as much from firewall under the dash as I could get out. The AC unit is comppletely out and indeed weighs a bunch. BTW-find an HF and get the 2 plugs for the holes in the firewall as the grommets come out along with the drain hose and wiring harness. All of this stuff has considerable weight. I will agree with the numbers posted. Once the interior is gone you will regain weight with the roll cage and other goodies. My passenger seat is out and the driver seat is a Sparco REV. The weight penalty of conversion comes from the fact that safety equipment does add new weight. I'll post the completd car weight soon. Won't be surprised if it is at or over 2140 as the stock doors are still there and the cage is 1.75"x.120DOM tubing in an 8-point setup.
Enjoy the project

[This message has been edited by jc836 (edited June 05, 2002).]