Funny that you should mention me. Yes, Huey (my pink car)was backed into a tree at blackhawk which pushed the back end into the tank and folded a full tank into a pretzel. and yes they emptied almost all the track extinguishers to put the fire out. Dave is right, the yellow packer car that was my interem replacement for Huey also had a stock tank. However this winter, I did have installed a fuel cell (15 gallon) into Huey so that we can run about 2 hours on a tank in endurance racing. The stock tank will only do 1hr 45 mn. I did it to be competitive in the Summit 12 hour where other ITA cars were doing fuel cells and running over 2.5 hours between driver changes.

As others indicated, a fuel cell is major surgery and major $ and if it were not for endurance racing, I can't see a justification for sprint racing. I am running a single external pump setup and don't know for sure that we will get full benefit of the 15 gallon capacity. If anybody has experience with a cell and a single pickup or has a "sure fire" setup to get the full capacity, I would appreciate a any comments.
If you want to reply direct to me, send to [email protected]

regards
bob roth

Originally posted by volante:
I am not sure if B.Roth has fuel cell or not--I want to say no.I ran a the long Gingerman race in his car and I am sure it was the stock tank.Dick--call John Grimmer--Jay Lovett put one in the car he (John)got from him.You can get Grimmer's number from the Council phone book.
Good luck at Midwest Council this year guy's--we will not be doing many Council race's this year.

Dave