I think you meant to ay "the move to B" instead of "a", I'll forgive you. HA HA. As for gear ratios, ABA engines only came with AMC, CHE, DFQ series 020 transmissions. All of which have the same gear rations and final drive. The other 020 gearboxes came in the EcoDiesel and the Golf CL, both of which were Canadian cars, not for US consumption. So I guess there's no gearbox advantage. As for SR or not, I'd rather have a car without for the lower CG, but don't suggest holding your breath waiting for one. Getting a 93 or early 94 car could have the advantage of not being airbag equipped. Changing the steering wheels of the airbag cars isn't bad, but the passenger side airbag presents a problem in removing if you choose to do so. Selling the airbags is a way of recouping some of the cost of this "newer" IT model. The passenger airbag cover is integrated into the dash design. I'll let you know when I cross that bridge abouthow difficult it is to remove and retain the stock appearance. The question of the discs is also up in the air. I'm thinking that the weight distribution is a little better on the A3 cars (blind hope?) and this discs won't be overkill like o the A2 body cars. As for the ABS, without consulting my GCR, does ABS have to be removed or just disabled? What about the power steering rack? All of these cars came with power steering.... does his stay? More fuel on the fire... Joe P.S. Soon to be offered to a good home...87 Golf tub, welded sunroof, everything stripped out ready to be finished. I think I'll do an A3, but if you're on a budget and want a next to free start of a race car let me know...