Guys I did not mean to imply that Phil had said anything like that. He did not. The source of that info was another Rabbit racer, I believe he may have gotten that info from one of those VW shops down South. I don't know anyone who has actaully done it. It would not be legal at all. It is a good idea to petiton the comp board, it would seem to be a no-brainer, safety vs some imaginary competitive advantage.......let me see... if I was SCCA what would one do? Oh well rules are rules. Question....
Phils car has a stock fuel tank, the rear deck is bul-headed as required. Some techy made him bulk-head in the trunk, around the fuel filler area of the quarter panel and the other side, I don't understand that one, it has nothing to do with the passenger compartment, do you guys have similar bulk-head panels in the trunk? I have to take them out just to see what the h*&l they are there for. I have built six IT cars and have never run into any such requirement at tech. Yeah it does have a butt load of camber dialed in. Have you run on Kuhmo's? I know Hoosiers like alot of camber, have heard Kuhmo's don't need as much. Kuhmo's?? an economy thing, I have a FC to campaign this year too, wanna see the tire budget for it?
Thanks for the help,

Doug