Originally posted by metalworker: That's some new technology. Be careful if they have three self adjusters, they are illegal.

I'm sorry, that's not the response you wanted to hear, but it amazes what kind of crap gets spread around about shocks.
What amazes me is that you would choose to belittle me for asking a question about something I don't fully have a grasp on. The only crap being spread here is in your popintless reply. You didn't even have an opinion on anything. I guess I could just go out and buy the most expensive option because it has to be the best right...

This is what I'm talking about

Bilstein Mono-Tube Gas High-Pressure Shock Advantages

The mono-tube allows a larger hydraulic piston to be used for increased control and sensitivity to road conditions.
The shock body is exposed to direct airflow, lowering the operating temperature of the internal components and fluid, extending shock life.
High pressure (350 psi) nitrogen gas is separated from the oil chamber by a specially designed, close tolerance, floating piston that maintains constant pressure against the hydraulic fluid completely eliminating fluid aeration (foaming) which is the cause of shock "fade".
Spring-steel valving discs precisely regulate oil flow continually adjusting for optimum control and ride.
No check-valves or springs to wear out.
Self-lubricating rod guide and end seal ensures long life and prevents leakage.

So, anyway. I realize my shocks aren't the best setup, but am I better off getting my sports rebuilt and valved for my setup, or looking at something designed for higher loads that might be more durable as well. The Koni's seem to work well, but the price is a bit scary, and I have a line on Bilsteins.

Any more opinions? Keep em coming!

BTW congrats to Dino and Colin, kickin ass in VW's at the ARRC!

------------------
87 ITB Scirocco
HighSpeed Motorsports