Mark:
Good point, I find myself giving that same advise to others. And so far, I have done what you suggest. I have done no mods to "improve" the car, only maintance stuff, since I bought it.

But here is the deal, yes I have only been racing this car for 1.5 years. (with big head, I insert: I am currently the SWDIV ITB points leader with (2) 1st places). I have many more years, of high speed auto cross, on Black Hawk Farms in IL. Then there is the 10 years of ice racing in WI. Also, I currently instruct for a drivers school at the same track I race ITB at. I must have hundreds of laps on this track now (not counting the laps in student's cars). On certain corners I can "feel" where the "softer" spring rate is hurting my exit speed. It was only after I could "feel" the effect of the existing softer springs that got me debating on this idea of incresing the spring rate. So, that is why I am thinking of breaking my own rule (and Mark's) of not replacing anything.

So gee, Mark, what you said is so true, I am now back to square one.

What does the group think?(Bill?, Chris?), if a driver is in the car and can feel the short comings of the suspension, does the driver...
a)upgrade the componet?
or
b)leave the car alone, and continue to improve driver skill?

I am not set on having to upgrade the springs, I like Mark's idea alot, and it wont cost me anything to not upgrade. On the other hand, I don't want to waist my time doing laps in the car, if it is time (based on skill) for the upgrade.

Ron Vaughn
83 VW GTI
#32 ITB
SWDIV