Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racing Seat Poll

Cobra Monaco for big and tall people
    I bougth it from Sube Sports but if you want Momo or Sparco www.ltbmotorsports.com is the only place to go!

------------------
    Richy Gonzalez
    GB Racing<A HREF="http://groups.msn.com/TheGonzalezFamilyRichySheilaandNyah/projectitacrx.msnw" TARGET=_blank>
    #24 ITA CRX For Sale LOW PRICE $7000.00</A>
    LAMIN-X Protective Films

Thanks for all the suggestions! Did I hear the FIA rule correctl? You must replace an FIA seat every five years? Also, I almost purchased a sparco corsa seat, but it is a fiberglass seat and it seemed to be pretty flexible just sitting still in the store. Are most fiberglass seats like this?

I've got one of the orginal Kirkey deluxe road race seats. I sat in the thing in the store, and was pretty much sold instantly. I liked it better than the Sparco and the Corbeau that they also carried. When I got the HP car, it cam w/ a Kirkey intermediate seat in it. Due to the way it was mounted, I couldn't easily drop the deluxe seat in, so I decided to go w/ it. It works, but it just doesn't compare to the deluxe road race seat. That thing is a work of art!

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

I did say that one MUST replace every 5 years or use a back brace behind the seat after the tag expires. I chose to buy another seat. As to the quality of the Sparco REV-it is very solid. Even the cover is well made. I will agree that the Kirkey and Butler seats are extremely well made-but require a back brace as they do not have FIA tags. Wish they did, but no luck.

------------------
    Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
    '89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
    '03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow

I have a Butler and like the way it holds my torso and legs in. I've had Cobra's in the past and found I would twist my back against the G's in the corners. Always came away with a sore back.

The only thing I don't like, is when I'm sitting on the grid (hands OFF the steering wheel), the rib part presses against my upper arm limiting blood flow.

------------------
    Jeff L
    #74 ITB GTi