<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...they refuse to drive small cars themselves, and refuse to allow their spouse/kids to own small cars...their theory is the more mass the better.</font>
I must say I am distinctly troubled over society's growing near-sociopathic tendency of placing people in extreme mass vehicles, knowing full well that the intention of doing such is to kill and not be killed, regardless of responsibility for the event. Even more troubling is the idea of handing such a lethal weapon over to an ignorant, unskilled, potentially immature driver...

I suggest a much more socially responsible (and effective) alternative is to send your teenager to a reputable driving school to first, gain the skills necessary to not cause an accident, and second, gain the skills necessary to avoid an accident should someone else cause one. Then, I would consider purchasing a reasonably safe and nimble alternative to the brute-force "kill 'em all and let God Sort 'em out" option.

If we continue our mutually-asssured destruction of larger and larger vehicles being equipped by drivers of lessening skills, we're sure to grow to our own critical mass of total vehicular annihilation... GregA