Originally posted by lateapex911:
I can't answer definitavely without significant research, but the IT ranks are full of old and obscure cars, and I hate to say this, but I think your's might be a poster child. If I recall some of your posts accurately (please forgive me and correct me if I have it wrong),, there is some doubt as to what exact parts were put on your car on any given day.
Jake,

You are correct in that of the cars in IT mine would probably be the worst, which is why I asked the question. But, as probably the worst out there I can say there is enough documentation to race with no problem.

While the shop manual doesn't have the fantastic pictures like modern books, it covers everything with enough detail - if you read the text.

Of the things I can remember people here being concerned about:

*It clearly states that one of six cam timings may be used with the motor and "choice of timing will depend upon intended use and emissions requirements."

*"If your car is so equiped, remove the washer bottle and wiper pump assembly before removal of the engine dampener shock mount."

And a lot of other litle bits and pieces. My point is there is enough documentation to race the car without question as to legal parts, timing, or whatnot. And of the JH is legal enough then I don't think we need to eliminate a bunch of cars because they are obscure - I don't think there isn't anything more obscure in IT at the moment (but some good close ones, Opels, GT6s, etc.)

Although there isn't much of a chance of IT going National I, and others like me that don't go for mainstream cars, would hate to be excluded just based on car choice.

What, would the National IT race be limited to BMW 325s, Nissan 240sxs, Porsche 944s, Datsun 240z (260s are too obscure), Acura Integras, Honduhs, etc.? Not really anything to get worried about right now since we're a LONG WAY from a National IT race I suppose.

There is a big race at VIR in a few weeks, I'll try and get a total count of drivers and total number of IT drivers. I'll bet IT is a large percentage.

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited April 17, 2005).]