Only thing I couldn't figure out is why they didn't flag me. Corner workers were looking at the car all through the techincal section and I ripped down the front straight full bore with fire streaming out from underneth (I didn't know). I was watching the tower for a signal because I was starting to suspect something was amiss but still got no flag. Do they have to call flags in or get persmission to show a flag?

It wasn't until the end of the front straight at turn 1 that I knew I had a fire and could see flames/smoke and smell smoke. I pulled the fire bomb and drove to the nearest station (missed station 2/3 if it was manned I can't remember, was looking at panel for fire handle and trying to see).

The station fellows were wonderful, one got the extingusher in the hood as quick as they could and the other started getting me out - all that flame extingushing stuff makes it hard to breathe, that is for sure. Good job and thanks a lot fellows!

But, all in all it is okay and we're going to run it again at VIR if the Jensen isn't ready. I'm pleased with the Z, on two of those laps before the fire it felt pretty good and certainly felt as if I could drive it about a 2:00 - a second slower than my class school Miata times. Still not ITS competitive with the Zs and the TR8 but I'm a new driver in a new car, gotta start at the bottom!

Best,
Ron

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning Tow Beast
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
260Z ITS - Just call me fireball!